Call the DOE
You can contact the DOE’s Office of Pupil Transport (OPT) for students in grades K-12 at 718-392-8855 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org when:
- there are ongoing issues with the route, like an overloaded or frequently delayed bus.
- your child was hurt—or there was another incident—on a bus.
- you have a concern with a driver, attendant, bus company, parent and/or student.
- Your child cannot be located or was placed on the wrong bus.
- our child is turning five and is still listed under their Pre-K site.
OPT is available for calls Monday-Friday, from 5:30AM to 7:30PM. Lines are also open on weekends during peak periods of the year:
- before school opening in September
- In late June before summer school begins